Deliver inspiring learning experiences on any scale
Enable online campuses, instructor-led courses, degree programs, and self-paced courses using a single platform.
Trusted by top organizations worldwide
Over 55 million learners reached
Open edX project by the numbers
50K+ courses are deployed by Open edX sites around the world
The Open edX platform supports 53 different languages
55M+ learners use Open edX to develop in-demand skills and earn new credentials
The edX site, powered by Open edX, achieves 99.96% availability
Of the Times Higher Education World University Report’s Top 10 universities, 9 use Open edX
In addition to university consortiums, 20+ governments and NGOs trust the Open edX platform to deliver education on a national scale.
Our vibrant global ecosystem
Easily and confidently scale from supporting small learning to thousands of simultaneous learners.
Empower learners and instructors
- Interactive forums and discussion boards
- Advanced learner and Instructor dashboards
- Live video conferencing
Cross-device / cross-platform
- Works on any device
- Seamlessly integrates with third party tools and extensions such as Salesforce
Extensible and inclusive
- Customizable and easy to use
- Create your own learning platform in minutes
- Use on-premise or in the cloud
- Single tenant or multi-tenant
Rich authoring experience
- Interactive content with adaptive video streaming
- Multimedia, animation, and simulation
- AR, VR, and more
- Dashboards with near real-time data analysis
- Insights for course teams
- Extensive data collection for learning researchers & instructors
Two strong brands, one shared vision.
edX is the online learning destination co-founded by Harvard and MIT. The Open edX platform provides the learner-centric, massively scalable learning technology behind it. Originally envisioned for MOOCs, Open edX platform has evolved into one of the leading learning solutions catering to Higher Ed, enterprise, and government organizations alike.