On behalf of the Open edX team, we want to thank everyone who attended the 2021 Open edX Virtual Conference on Thursday, May 27th. Your presence helped make this event a great success and your enthusiasm and positive spirit helped make our time together both productive and fun! For those of you who did not have the chance to attend this year’s Open edX conference, we will make the conference presentations available on our YouTube channel in the coming month.
We hope that you found the conference informative and worthwhile. The primary goal of this conference was to connect EdTech experts and members of the Open edX community to discuss the latest research in technology, related to online education, in an effort to increase access to education to learners worldwide.
We believe that our diverse and dynamic group of speakers provided in-depth insight to the future of education. The presentation material ranged from narrative-based course creation to learning science to machine learning techniques to platform enhancements to empowering the community, and many more insightful EdTech topics.
Post Conference Follow-Up
Many of you have inquired about the conference presentation slides. Please access the materials below:
- “Using Narrative to Increase Learner Engagement” by Michael Karsh – Edios Media
- “The Importance of Collaborative Learning: How to Build an Effective Course with Open edX” by Stefania Trabucchi and Illaria Botti – Abstract Technology
- “Building with Blockstore – How We Developed LabXchange using Open edX” by Braden MacDonald – OpenCraft
- “Machine Learning Techniques for Open edX” by Andres Gonzalez – Aulasneo
- “Teaching & Learning Platform Direction” by Marco Morales – edX
- “State of the Open edX Community & Architecture Engineering” by Nimisha Asthagiri, Sarina Canelake, and Jeremy Bowman – edX
Feedback is A Gift
In order to make next year’s conference even more successful, we would appreciate it if you fill out this post-conference survey. We thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions and we assure you that each will be given consideration so that future conferences and events will be even more of a success. Please click here to complete the survey and receive a 20% discount for the 2022 Open edX conference.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The 2021 Open edX Virtual Conference would not be possible without our tremendous sponsor network. Big thank you to OpenCraft for being the main sponsor of the event.
Keep The Momentum
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Thank you again for attending the 2021 Open edX Virtual Conference and we look forward to keeping in touch!
647 total views