edX would like to know more about what you have been working on and thinking about. We are hosting demo sessions for you to show us your work or proposal and discuss it with edX leaders.
We would like to create closer collaborative ties with you to accelerate platform development. We are especially interested in projects and proposals that make the Open edX platform a better teaching and learning platform, whether your focus is pedagogy, engagement, analytics or something we haven’t imagined. We have some funding from an unexpected source as well as architectural and operational expertise and can use it to help you bring projects over the finish line.
The goal of the demo session is to learn enough about your project or idea for us to select projects to pursue. We can help with:
- Implementation funding
- Architectural and design guidance
- Access to edX experts on UX, a11y, scalability and security to ensure incorporation
- Accelerated review process
- Feature availability on edx.org
- Promotion on openedx.org
We are holding individual 20-minute sessions for informal demos and discussions of projects or work-in-progress. There are times available on Tuesday May 5th and Wednesday May 6th.
Sign up for a 20-minute slot: https://calendly.com/nedbat_openedx/edx-sponsorship-demo 5
If these times don’t work for you we can arrange more sessions. Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the demo session, we’ll be looking for answers to these questions:
- What have you built?
- Who is it for?
- How does it improve the teaching and learning platform?
- What evidence is there that this feature would be adopted?
- Has it been used in the real world?
- How ready is it to run on a site like edx.org?
- Which edX team would be an internal champion for it?
- What resources are needed to finish it?
We hope to hear from you soon!