This release includes a number of new features and improvements. The changes include the following enhancements.
- The new Bookmarks feature allows learners to add a bookmark to any course page, and adds a Bookmarks page that lists all the bookmarks a learner has created in a course. For more information, see Bookmarks in the EdX Learner’s Guide or Bookmarks in the Open edX Learner’s Guide.
- In the HTML component visual editor, the Heading 1 and Heading 2 options have been removed. Heading options for levels 3-6 are available. For more information, see Use Best Practices for HTML Markup or The Visual Editor in Building and Running an edX Course, or see Use Best Practices for HTML Markup or The Visual Editor in Building and Running an Open edX Course.
- Version 2.0.2 of the iOS app is now available. In this version, learners can view HTML content and complete some types of assessments.
- Course teams who use proctored exams can now specify additional rules and exceptions for these exams. For more information, see Including Proctored Exams in Your Course.
- The video player now includes both closed captions and transcripts. Additionally, users can press the Enter key or the space bar to show or hide transcripts.