For a more customized experience and deep integration, many Open edX users stand up a dedicated instance.
Select one of the readily available Open edX distributions or get help creating your instance. Our service partners can help you customize, host, and manage a distribution.
Some of the Open edX distributions are source code only and others provide access to source code as well as a ready to deploy image (binary distribution). If provided, binary distributions are a great way to get started.
Choose Your Distribution
Open edX community releases happen twice a year, named after tree species. All other distributions on this list depend on the Open edX community release, but add additional value.
- Open edX distribution by Tutor
Tutor: The Official and Community-Supported Distribution for Open edX
Tutor is the official and community-supported distribution for Open edX. This free, open-source, Docker-based distribution is optimized for both production and local development. Tutor simplifies the deployment, customization, upgrading, and scaling of the Open edX platform. Known for its reliability, speed, and extensibility, Tutor is utilized by a wide array of organizations globally.
- 100% Open Source: Fully embrace the freedom and flexibility of a truly open-source platform.
- Simplified Installation: With Tutor’s intuitive installation process, streamline your Open edX setup and administration using Docker.
- Extensible Architecture: Tutor’s flexible framework allows for tailored functionalities and in-depth customization. Discover Tutor Plugins and themes to extend the capabilities and tailor the appearance of your Open edX platform to your specific educational and business objectives.
- Seamless Upgrades: Enjoy smooth and hassle-free upgrades, ensuring your platform remains up-to-date with the latest Open edX features.
- Open edX community release (Source Code)
The Open edX source distribution targets organizations who have development resources to work on their learning platform.
Many of our service partners can get you started with the Open edX community release and help you customize it to your needs. Check out the Marketplace to find the right partner for you. All Open edX code and documentation is provided to the community on GitHub and in the Community section.
Our digital catalog of service & technology partners helps you customize, enhance, and augment your own Open edX instance. You can also find technical support, learner support, hosting, maintenance service partners, and 3rd party products to integrate with.
Head over to our contact page for assistance.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that Axim Collaborative provides the information on this page as a courtesy for the general benefit of the Open edX community and does not screen, review, approve, or endorse any of the entities, services, or offers that may be listed from time to time. Axim Collaborative has not vetted the qualifications or experience of these entities and, accordingly, makes no representations or warranties about the nature or quality of their services. Axim Collaborative encourages you to independently evaluate and verify the suitability of any organization that you may choose to engage.